Re: Problem with intelligent agent

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 21:34:00 +0200

"Markus Böhmer" <boehmerm_at_gmx.de> wrote in message news:aac0r2$c4k$03$1_at_news.t-online.com...
> Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:
> > On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:27:09 +0200, "Markus Böhmer" <boehmerm_at_gmx.de>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Sorry to say so
> > NMS-00001: *Warning*: dbsnmp unable to connect to SNMP master agent
> >

> > dbsnmp doesn't *require* snmp. It will run without
> >

> > Regards
> >

> > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
> >
> > To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address
>
> Allright,
>
> then this is not the reason why the intelligent agent does not work, but
> what could be the reason?
>
> Any ideas?
>

> --
> Markus Boehmer
> mailto:boehmerm_at_gmx.de

Usually deleting the *.q files in $ORACLE_HOME/network/agent and restarting the listener using lsnrctl will resolve the issue, as that forces Oracle to recreate services.ora. Your current services.ora is likely incorrect. Also: the listener.ora needs to have a sid_list_listener section, the connect_data = (service_name = )) syntax is incompatible with OIA. Evidently you need the use the sid syntax in tnsnames.ora also. Hth

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA