Re: Interface tables

From: Philip Chee <philip_at_aleytys.pc.my>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:01:24 GMT

In article <172973b6.0204251518.3276d530_at_posting.google.com> rupinder_at_hotmail.com writes:

>Can anybody point me to a resource where I can find more information
>about Oracle open interface tables, specially
>MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS_INTERFACE. Specifically what I want to know is how
>does Oracle process the records from this table. Does it go record by
>record and process them ? Is there a way to enforce and order for
>processing these records.

>I need help from anybody who has implemented a sequencing system for
>updates. We are running into a problem where we get updates to an item
>and sometimes they get to us in the wrong order. But the record that
>gets to us always has a sequence number. How do I enforce that the
>records are always processed based on this sequence number rather than
>their position in the interface tables.

You need the Open Interfaces Manual for your version of the Applications Suite. Read the manual. Read it again and again until it's burned into your brain. Yes I know it's a thick manual, you still need to read it.

BTDTGTTS Philip

 Philip Chee: Tasek Corporation Berhad, P.O.Box 254, 30908 Ipoh, MALAYSIA   e-mail: philip_at_aleytys.pc.my Voice:+60.5.291.1011 Fax:+60.5.291.9932    Guard us from the she-wolf and the wolf, and guard us from the thief,
 þ 20433.36 þ Smith & Wesson, the ORIGINAL point-and-click interface!