Re: SQL*NET or ORacle Client

From: <davide_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Apr 2002 14:52:13 GMT

yogesh <yogesh.shah_at_tatainfotech.com> wrote:
> minimal components which allows me to talk to ORacle Database on
> Source System ... like SQL PLUS,SQL*NET... and Not Oracle Database .

AFAIK, Oracle client(s) are not sold from Oracle without the associated Oracle Server. If you have the Oracle DB, you should also have the client(s).

Otherwise, you can use one of the many third-party tools like TOAD or TORA. If you don't mind Java, get DBI from http://www.soft-land.org/archivio/dbi.zip, you have to add the Oracle Jdbc driver, but those you can download from the Oracle site.

Davide Received on Fri Apr 26 2002 - 09:52:13 CDT