Re: Internet shop and oracle

From: stinky <stankonia_at_stunkitystunk.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:14:10 -0400

Rafał Smolarek wrote:

>Hallo!!
>Did somebody write Internet shop with oracle.

What shop are you talking about? Perhaps you could supply a link. I assume you're asking whether the site uses Oracle as a backend database to store information. We'll try to answer that when you let us know which site you're talking about.

> I have several questions:
>- What should I use PHP or JAVA???

As the front end? Depends on what your strengths are, I guess. I don't know too many people using Java for the front end of websites these days. It's more of a server language, or a "glue language", serving as the middleman between various applications and servers.

>- How administrate tens users (create all users as oracle user or ...)
>security data is very important.

Can't really answer that question without knowing what you're trying to do.