Re: NOLOGGING option

From: Bob Bain <bob.bain_at_markelintl.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:05:37 -0000

Hi,

NOLOGGING is such a great misnomer isn't it.

We thought this would be the answer to all our questions but unfortunately it ain't, the only way to get around this (that I know, flame me if I'm wrong) is to take the database out archive redo mode, do your updates and then put it back in.....

BTW have you noticed that the amount of redo generated in 8i is massive compared to earlier versions??

Cheers

Bob