NOLOGGING option

From: Steven <steven.pannell_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:10:05 +0200

Hi,

I have an update statement which selects and updates some 300,000 rows of data. Even though I have the NOLOGGING option enabled on the table and tablespace i have noticed that the data is still been written to the redo logs, this causes a high level of log switching. Is there any way to disable the logging and writing of data to the redo logs as the NOLOGGING option does not seem to work in the way I would like.

I'm using Oracle 8.1.7 on Solaris.

Thanks,
Steve. Received on Wed Apr 24 2002 - 04:10:05 CDT