Re: How can I find all the database on the machine?

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 23 Apr 2002 06:47:29 -0700

"Debuger" <z_yikai_at_www.163.net> wrote in message news:<aa39qp$f8$1_at_mail.cn99.com>...
> I create many database on the machine( SCO Unixware+ Oracle8.1.5) use
> script, but when I want to delete it use dbassist, I only see the database
> when I install Oracle, how can I see all the database use SQL or other way

I can think of a few ways to look for all databases on a UNIX system: 1 - Check the oratab file to see what has been setup 2 - ps -ef | grep ora_ <== will show the background processes for all

                              running databases
3 - If OFA was followed you will probably be able to find a directory/link related to each database under the Oracle Home

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Apr 23 2002 - 08:47:29 CDT