Re: Java stored proc accessing network mapped drives

From: Mark <markg_at_mymail.co.uk>
Date: 23 Apr 2002 01:01:37 -0700

I had the same problem in the past when trying to read BLOB files (using DBMS_LOB) from a mapped drive or using UTL_FILE to read/write from a mapped drive. Its because the 'pseudo' user who runs the Oracle service does not know anything (and cannot easily know anything) about mapped drives.

2 ways you can solve this.

They both worked for me, the latter is probably more feasible since you dont always want an OS user logged in when running Oracle on a server.

A search on Metalink should reiterate what I said in detail.

HTH, let us know how you get on.

Mark