Re: calling sql script from pl/sql

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 00:05:00 +0200

"Malcolm Dew-Jones" <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca> wrote in message news:3cc44f23_at_news.victoria.tc.ca...
> John Hume (jdhume_at_earthlink.net) wrote:
> It really seams to be an attitude thing.

Disagreed. The 'attitude thing' will inevitably end up in a 4 letter word starting with an m and ending with 2 ss. That's fine if you only have to clean out your own junk, once the database starts collapsing, or do you think you shouldn't do anything about 'temporary' tables? This will result in a tablespace filling up, the tablespace being set to autoextend, when after a while the disk is completely filled. Such is the inevitable results of *lousy* procedures you call an 'attitude' thing. I have to administer several databases where this kind of 'attitude' prevailed: they are all on the brink of disaster.

Regards Received on Mon Apr 22 2002 - 17:05:00 CDT