Explain Plan question

From: Jayne Heger <jayne.heger_at_spamAndChips.ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 17:38:44 +0100

Hi,

I have ran an Explain query on three quesries to test which one would be the most efficient to use.

The 1st query, had a cost of 26
second one = 10006
third one = 7347

Now, to my understanding, the 1st one would be the most efficient. But I have also ran a timer on each of the queries, and the 1st query took the longest time by far.

1st query = 00:11:58:39
2nd query = 00:00:08:42
3rd query = 00:00:08:80

would it be because of the network load that the 1st query took so long?

Can anyone explain this, i am a bit puzzled?

Thanks

Jayne Received on Sun Apr 21 2002 - 11:38:44 CDT