install problem on Solaris with .cshrc

From: Eric <cant_at_email.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 00:53:29 +0930

Hi,
I am following some instructions on setting up oracle 8.0.5 on Solaris8(Intel).
But after setting up the shell I get the following output error:
%> source .cshrc

: Command not found.b:/usr/dt/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib Too many ('s.
Is this because I have not yet installed Oracle or am I missing something? I have got to the point where the instructions say: source .cshrc and don't see where I went wrong.
This is after creating and editing the .cshrc file There was not a .cshrc or .profile or .login after adding myself as a new user oracle so I created these files.
the instructions I have been following are at the following link: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_soft/rpms/rpms_2- 0/install/orcl_app.htm
A summary of where I am up to is below
As an aside will they still work if I get oracle 8.1.7? Any help appreciated
regards
Eric.
Step 1 Log in as the Oracle database user by entering the following command:

rlogin localhost -l oracle

Step 2 Edit the Oracle database user's startup shell by entering the following commands:

cd /export/home/oracle

vi .cshrc (or use whichever text editor you prefer)

Add the following lines to the end of this file:

setenv ORACLE_BASE /opt/app/oracle

setenv ORACLE_HOME $ORACLE_BASE/product/8.0.5

setenv ORACLE_DOC $ORACLE_BASE/doc

# The ORACLE_SID must be less than or equal to 8 alphanumeric characters

setenv ORACLE_SID name

setenv ORACLE_TERM xsun5

setenv ORACLE_PATH $ORACLE_HOME/bin:/opt/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin

setenv ORACLE_OWNER oracle

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
$ORACLE_HOME/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib

setenv TMPDIR /var/tmp

# Add the hostname of the system

setenv DISPLAY hostname:0.0

set path=(/bin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /usr/ucb /usr/openwin/bin /usr/dt/bin /etc . $ORACLE_HOME/bin)

Step 3 Save and close the file.

Step 4 To get the new environmental settings, enter the following command:

source .cshrc Received on Sun Apr 21 2002 - 10:23:29 CDT