Re: Oracle DBA training

From: worlok <the_worlok_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Apr 2002 15:41:29 -0700

Since you seem to know whats up and are an insider of sorts, I was wondering what a UNIX sysadmin should do to ge enough skills that someone might take him in as a sort of apprentice/junior, who can learn, kind of like on the job training - or does that type of thing just not exist?

I managed to get 8i at home to install on my Sun Ultra 5, but am not sure how to learn on it once its installed, and lets face it, what can I really do at home to simulate the things that one might learn on the job? I was able to ramp up my UNIX skills this way, but I am not convinced that I can do the same with Oracle.

Man, I'm a smart dude and am able to learn fast - I'm pretty much self taught. If only I can find someone to take me in "green" and give me a chance to learn....

--Tom