Re: how to do this "simple yet hard" query in Oracle9

From: teri <teriashahost_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Apr 2002 10:11:22 -0700

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message n

> Assuming there is an a-key in book (there should be, otherwise the
> relationship wouldn't hold

Yeah, there is a a-key in book, I just slipped a bit when typing that in....

> One small piec of advice:
> I'm not sure whether this design is supposed to act as a real world system.
> However, in a real world system, a book definitely can have multiple authors
> and also definitely multiple, international, publishers.
>

> --
> Regards

Even though this is not intended for use in real-world, the many authors/publishers-situation is taken care of. The tables here are from my memory and simplified to make it easier to understand.

Well, I'll try it as soon as I am geographically seated in front of a computer which have access to this database (which is pretty soon).

Thanks a lot! Received on Sat Apr 20 2002 - 12:11:22 CDT