how to do this "simple yet hard" query in Oracle9

From: teri <teriashahost_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Apr 2002 06:22:55 -0700

I know it's probably very easy once you've done similar queries before, but I'm no pro at this so have me excused...

I have three tables: a author, b book and c publisher. An author can write many books, each book may have a different publisher, you get the idea:

 a author (a-key)
 b book (b-key c-key)
 c publisher (c-key)

I want to submit a query that will get only the authors that have written all their books for the same publisher. Only those instances of a that may be assosciated with different instances of b but just one c (there is no direct key between a and c of course)?

I'd be grateful if anyone has an answer.

(If this message didn't fit into the subject of group I apologize) Received on Sat Apr 20 2002 - 08:22:55 CDT