Oracle/Windows 2000 security interaction

From: Tim <tim.bedford_at_ttplabtech.com>
Date: 19 Apr 2002 06:55:59 -0700

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a resource that explains how the Oracle/Windows 2000 security models relate to each other? For example; if a low-security clearance Windows user runs an application that inserts entries in an Oracle table via a secure and hidden logon, could the user do anything to corrupt that data outside the application? Would putting Administrator security on the data file directories be enough?

A while ago I did something similar in NT using a service and I'm wondering if this is how Oracle accesses data files. thanks,

Tim Received on Fri Apr 19 2002 - 08:55:59 CDT