Re: create any table in schema

From: Matthew Hallam <matt_hallam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Apr 2002 01:45:55 -0700

"Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<1019148032.14139.1.nnrp-14.9e984b29_at_news.demon.co.uk>...

> You could create a procedure owned
> by the schema where the table is to be created,
> executable by the schema which is to create
> the table.

cheers, I just wondered if there was any obvious "grant" command i'd missed, sadly it looks like not then!

> It's not particularly good practice though to have
> production systems creating (and dropping)
> objects on the fly

indeed, this is for development only - to allow the developers to logon as themselves but create objects in a common schema to build the final end system.

"Daniel Morgan" writes :

> Does this relate, in any way, to creating temp tables?

nope :)

thanks,
Matt Received on Fri Apr 19 2002 - 03:45:55 CDT