MD5 in PL/SQL for Oracle 7 ?

From: Theodore Hope <theodorehope_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Apr 2002 14:41:36 -0700

Can someone point me to a freely-available implementation of MD5 in PL/SQL? I know that the DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT contains MD5, but it's my understanding that it's only included in Oracle 8.* and up, not Oracle 7 distributions.

I've looked at http://www.gt.ed.net/keith/plsql/fast_md5.txt, but it requires the "bw" package, which is missing from that site.

This is for someone with relatively little PL/SQL knowledge.

Thanks very much. Received on Thu Apr 18 2002 - 16:41:36 CDT