Re: protocol.ora & listener.ora

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 19:07:15 +0200

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:37:57 GMT, "Judy" <lsu_at_nycap.rr.com> wrote:

>Hi Sybrand,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>I have typing error in my previous email.
>The Oracle version is 8.1.5 for solaris.
>
>here is my protocol.ora:
>
>tcp.invited_nodes= (x.x.x.x)
>tcp.excluded_nodes= (x.x.x.x)
>tcp.validnode_checking= yes
>
>ps. (x.x.x.x) is ip address
> It doesn't work... so i wonder there has anything wrong wtih my listener.ora.
>
>Thanks
>Judy

I still think the listener hasn't anything to do with it. Time to set sqlnet tracing to level 16 as a level 16 trace will contain pertinent references to protocol.ora How to do this
modify sqlnet.ora
include and/or change the following lines

trace_level_client|server = 16 # the | is a shortcut for or as usual
trace_level_unique = true # to avoid multiple sessions in one file
trace_directory_client = <any sensible directory>

If you don't have a protocol.ora a client trace will report this fact. I assume if you have a valid protocol.ora the contents will be listed If the protocol.ora isn't valid this will be reported. I don't know what the server trace will report. There is a good chance (there have been many issues with net8) this doesn't work at all in the -desupported- 8.1.5

--
Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address