Re: poor performance

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:59:47 GMT

Sounds glacial to me. But it also sounds like your installation may be far from ideal. To start with I would have never used the default database for anything other than learning a few lessons for a beginner.

If this is a commercial operation I would urge you to hire a consultant who is really an expert DBA (not just someone with a great looking resume) to come in for one week and help you. Make sure that part of the deal is that there is a knowledge transfer ... that they don't just do a bunch of hocus pocus and leave you totally dependent on them.

Then take a good class or three.

Daniel Morgan