Re: order by

From: XelA <asilic_at_net.hr>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:55:35 +0200

<meurer_at_swms.de> wrote in message news:a9gs6j$gju$02$1_at_news.t-online.com...

Hello,

I have an ordering problem. I wish to order the strings in the table 'tab_test' as an incremented statement. But the problem is that oracle can't recognize that the number '10' as a number.

this is the table

SVRMGR> select * from tab_test;
COL_A

A1
A3
A10
A2

and I wish to have this table or view with a SQL statement without define variables using PL/SQL or ordered by sysdate.

COL_A

A1
A2
A3

A10

Any ideas? I didn't find any order SQL statement to show the table as above... Thanks for reply

___

I think that U wouldn't have that problem if U instert in table data like this...

COL_A

A01
A02
A03

A10 Received on Tue Apr 16 2002 - 04:55:35 CDT