Re: inserting html into clob field

From: <Christopher.Jones_at_oracle.comX>
Date: 16 Apr 2002 12:12:55 +1000

"Vladimir M. Zakharychev" <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com> writes:

> you probably have some &... aliases in your HTML text - sqlplus tries
> to replace them with variables. SET SCAN OFF will prevent this.
> SET DEFINE OFF is preferred though as SET SCAN is obsolete in 9i and
> SET DEFINE overrides any SET SCAN settings.

SET SCAN OFF was obsoleted in SQL*Plus 3.2 which came out with Oracle 7.2 in 1994 (or was it early 1995?). We want to "disable" SET SCAN in the next major version (it would still be available with the appropriate value of SET SQLPLUSCOMPATIBILITY for quite some time - start using this command in 9i scripts). All votes of confidence or polite objections welcome :-)

Chris

--
Christopher Jones, Oracle Corporation, Australia.