DBA Information question...

From: ARP <sirapitt_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:53:30 -0400

We have a database-bound application under development which is soon going to be sold commercially. I need to communicate to Oracle (and other) DBAs the kind of information about the application database that would be helpful to them in planning to create their own instances of the database for use in their various companies. Two questions:

  1. Apart from the obvious object descriptions, constraints, indexes, etc.; is there anything that an Oracle DBA would be particularly interested in with regard to the database structural and meta-data details that would be helpful in planning for the database?
  2. Are there any known methods including readily available tools (esp. shareware or freeware) that would assist me in determining the average record-size in each table (and other similar metrics) from a sample database that I have been using for testing?

Thanks in advance for your assistance. Received on Mon Apr 15 2002 - 19:53:30 CDT