Re: Stupid Question: Be Kind

From: TGGA <tgga_at_THISWILLBOUNCEviper.karoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:57:42 +0100

"Knut Talman" <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de> wrote in message news:3CBA8DB6.F9989478_at_mytoys.de...
> > ora-3113 at startup is almost always caused by

Snip

> Knut

And with all of that no-one mentioned that the error is there because Oracle requires a lower version of glibc than that version of Mandrake has. Also note that, from memory, RedHat isn't certified either.

Rather than go through the whole routine of how to tell you, I will point you at http://www.suse.com Check out the support and then the Oracle links. Look for 7.2 version of Oracle compatability. In there it gives you a link to OTN and also the instructions on how to patch your Oracle binaries. Once you have domne that the db will start and run from the OUI.

You are almost certainly destined to failure, but do let me know if you manage to succeed. If not grab a copy of SuSE 7.2 which I know works 100%.

Pete Received on Mon Apr 15 2002 - 11:57:42 CDT