Oracle8i DBO Certification

From: velocis <capable2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 11:21:00 -0400

Hello,

I have been using Oracle on Sparc Solaris since 7.3, mostly as a developer
(Java apps/cgi scripts). I'd like for potential employers to consider me at
least as much for my Oracle skills as my Java skills, so I'm trying to make steps in that direction. My first objective is to pass the Oracle8i DBO
(Database Operator) exam (one test). Then, I'd like to start taking the
exams required for DBA certification. From the perspective of your business organization, is this a respected approach, or do you simply look down on certified Oracle professionals? If so, how might I better position myself for an entry-level Oracle DBA position?

Secondly, has anyone out there on this newsgroup taken and passed the Oracle8i DBO exam? If so, what was your study strategy? I'm a little concerned about my (lack of) knowledge on WebDB. Will playing with Oracle9ias help get through the WebDB questions?

Thanks in advance,

James Caple
jcaple at patriot dot net Received on Sat Apr 13 2002 - 10:21:00 CDT