Re: Create a Database in Oracle 8.1.7

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 10:53:53 +0100

If you are new to Oracle then I'd stringly advise that you use the database creation assistant and SAVE the scripts it generates. Read through those will give you a good idea of the way to scripts database creation (and how to install optional features eg intermedia/java)

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

******************************************.
"Padmaja" <padmaja_a_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hi
>
> I'm new to Oracle. I don't know how to create a database. I was trying to
> create a databse using a script. In that script initfile.ora is there, and
> create database command is there.
>
> When trying to login as sys/manager it is saying invalid user/password.
When
> I'm logging as system/manager it is giving SQL prompt but it is still
> throwing an error "ERROR:
> ORA-06554: package DBMS_STANDARD must be created before using PL/SQL".
What