Interface between Oracle Forms and excel

From: Lorpol <lpolanco_at_autys.cl>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 20:09:47 -0500

Please, I need help by interesting problem, that I want to explain :

I would like to invoke Excel97 from Oracle Forms 6i for to do formatting cells on line in Excel from Oracle Forms.

I can to transfer data but, I can not transfer format properties. For example: borders for cells range.

I prefer to use ole2 rather than DDE, because is more standard and broadcasted technical form of operation.

The specific code that is not giving results It is follow. However, the code do not fail, it has a success compilation and execution, but It do not happen nothing :

Declare
application ole2.obj_type;
workbooks ole2.obj_type;
workbook ole2.obj_type;
worksheets ole2.obj_type;
worksheet ole2.obj_type;
rango ole2.obj_type;
font ole2.obj_type;
borders ole2.obj_type;

Begin

listpar := ole2.create_arglist;
ole2.add_arg(listpar, 'A12:A12');
--ole2.add_arg(listpar, 1);
--ole2.add_arg(listpar, 1);
--ole2.add_arg(listpar, 1);

rango:=ole2.get_obj_property(application, 'Range', listpar); ole2.Destroy_arglist( listpar );

borders := OLE2.GET_OBJ_PROPERTY(Rango,'Borders');

listpar := ole2.create_arglist;

ole2.add_arg(listpar,1);
ole2.set_property(borders,'LineStyle',listpar);
ole2.Destroy_arglist( listpar );

end;

Thank you a lot for anything help Received on Fri Apr 12 2002 - 20:09:47 CDT