Re: Off topic - questions recruiters asked you in the technical interview?

From: Alan <alanshein_at_erols.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:43:07 -0400

Could be anything. Questions could range from syntax to theory to business situations. We look for experienced people, so our questions are deigned to determine if the candidate has real working experience, or is just "book smart". Our questions start off easy and get harder. First question (and you'd be surprised how many can't answer this) is, "How do you get the system date and time in a Select statement?" Even if the candidate misses that, we'll ask a few more easy ones just to be certain. We then go on to things like, describe an outer join, what is a Cartesian product and how can it be avoided, how can you use TRUNCATE in PL/SQL, tell us about a situation where you had to deal with a difficult user, and so on...