ASP Data access problem

From: Walter Mills <walter_at_xpertoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 16:33:43 +0100

Hi,
I know nothing about Oracle, but a problem came accross my desk the other day.

Someone is using an existing ASP application that access an Oracle DB from a IIS based intranet site using ADO - all server side.

One of the vbscript functions executes an SQL "Insert into ...." clause on the connection object to add 1 record from data in an html form. All works fine until one of the fields in the form exceeds about 12,000 chars, the the insert fails but doesn't return an error message.

I can't tell you anymore at the moment ie. OLEDB for Oracle or OLEDB for ODBC??/Oracle version?? etc.

Just wondered if this rang any bells, where would I find data on the OLEDB providers?

Thanks

walter mills Received on Fri Apr 12 2002 - 10:33:43 CDT