Re: Suggestions for additions to Oracle SQL Language

From: TurkBear <jgreco1_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:06:43 -0500

Gee why not a

GIVE ME THE DATA I NEED FROM TABLE xxx
:-)

Of course you can do almost all of the things you mentioned in SqlPLus

1: insert into table xxx select * from [backup_table_I_created_with_a_before_delete_trigger_on_my_critical_table_xxx]
2: update xxx set sense = 'TRUE' where ( something = something to id the records )
3: delete from xxx where whatever...