Please Help with Discover Install under Win2k Server

From: Dengitash <dengitash_at_aol.com>
Date: 10 Apr 2002 04:42:29 GMT

Right now I have installed in order Oracle Database 8.1.5 under Oracle_home OraHome81, Enterprise Manager under OraEntMgr, and Discoverer 4 Desktop under iSuites in Win2k server.

When I am prompted for the database in Discoverer I get an invalid server error.

Also, I would like to install Forms/Reports 6i. When I installed it under Win98 it trashed the Sql-plus of an existing PE installation so I am loathe to install it under win2k until I am sure. Please don't tell me I have to deinstall everything to install it. I can't imagine production software is supposed to work that way. Can I create a fourth Oracle_home for that ?

Thank you for your help in advance. Received on Tue Apr 09 2002 - 23:42:29 CDT