Re: can't create a first database! cant attach to shared memory

From: Matthias Leonhardt <i7lema_at_rz.uni-jena.de>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 21:53:31 +0200

Hi Dorian,

>>the dbassist created a script to install a first database
>>but it fails with executing the line
>>
>>SVRMGR> startup nomount pfile =
>>"/opt/oracle/admin/oracledb/pfile/initoracledb.ora"
>>ORA-27123: unable to attach to shared memory segment
>>Linux Error: 13: Permission denied

> Looks like the dbassist generated script did not run yet. It has to be run
> as oracle within a shell, not from the svrmgrl. Depending on the
> db-configuration, it may take up to several hours even a 500MHz-PC. Did you
> take notice of such a process?

As I wrote in the mail the above command is executed by the script created by the dbassist. I also executed the command manually and got this error. If I execute the process I get lots of error-messages because oracle is not running (it can only be running if the startup-command had exececuted successfully)

bye, Matthias Received on Tue Apr 09 2002 - 14:53:31 CDT