Oracle vs DB2

From: Kenneth C Stahl <ktsahl_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 17:56:48 GMT

Right up front I'll say that I realize that this is an Oracle forum. I know that

In the near future I may be given the
responsibility of translating some reports based on Oracle queries to convert them to DB2 (V7, I think) usage. Is there anyone here that has experiences with both RDBMSs that can give me some information about the syntactical difference between the two? I would think that the
similarities would be greater then the differences when it comes to SELECT statements, but then again they might be quite different. I've never been exposed to DB2 so I don't know what to expect.

Also, if anyone knows of any web pages that would be helpful. I'd especially be interested in anything along the lines of "DB2 for Oracle developers" if such a thing exists.

I already know that DECODE isn't allowed since that is an Oracle extension, but I'm guessing there are other differences as well. Received on Tue Apr 09 2002 - 12:56:48 CDT