Stored Procedure - Fetch hangs (Repost)

From: Huw Dixon <huwdixon_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Apr 2002 03:52:20 -0700

I have a package that was developed/debugged under an 8.1.6 environment. Runs good and all queries run (using production data) in a matter of < 10 seconds. The package works like a champ. My problems began when I moved the package into our production system which is 8.1.7. For some reason the code seems to "hang" at the point where dbms_sql.fetch_rows is called. I've checked the queries and run them manually - they still return the data within several seconds. I've tried running/debugging the code from sqlplus, sql navigator, etc. and each time it hangs in the same place. I've tried letting it sit for several minutes but it does'nt return. The CPU activity definitely jumps on the Oracle server and then stays there. THe DBA and I have poured over the init.ora parameters, double checked the SYS and STANDARD packages to ensure all is compiled, etc. I've even created another 8.1.7 environment and fresh database - same problem. Can anyone suggest some additional points I should be looking at to resolve this?

Thx

Huw Received on Tue Apr 09 2002 - 05:52:20 CDT