tkprof

From: cot_r <bvanespen_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 10:00:25 +0200

hi
-

I need to do some analyses on db performance. this is what i did:

1) set the user_dump_dest directory
2) set trace and timing stats on
3) ran a simple query:

    select id,name from performance where id between 3500 and 7000 4) unleashed TKPROF ( release 8.1.6.0.0) on the generated *.trc file in de dump directory.

in sql i got an elapsed time:32.77

the tkprof output shows me the lines below. Results show that the cpu time = 937.5 SECONDS !!!!!! this is more than 15 minutes!!!! while the elapsed time in sqlplus shows me: 32.77 seconds.
What is wrong here?
All suggestions are welcome!

OS: windows2000

Trace file: ORA04192.TRC
Sort options: default

select id,name
from
 performance where id between 3500 and 7000

call count cpu elapsed disk query current rows
------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ------

Parse 1 0.00 0.00 0 0 0 0
Execute 1 0.00 0.00 0 0 0 0
Fetch 235 937.50 940.00 0 725 0 3501
------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ------

total 237 937.50 940.00 0 725 0 3501

Misses in library cache during parse: 0
Optimizer goal: ALL_ROWS
Parsing user id: 295

Rows Row Source Operation
------- ---------------------------------------------------

   3501 TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID PERFORMANCE    3501 INDEX RANGE SCAN (object id 62161)

OVERALL TOTALS FOR ALL NON-RECURSIVE STATEMENTS call count cpu elapsed disk query current rows
------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ------

Parse 1 0.00 0.00 0 0 0 0
Execute 1 0.00 0.00 0 0 0 0
Fetch 235 937.50 940.00 0 725 0 3501
------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ------

total 237 937.50 940.00 0 725 0 3501

Misses in library cache during parse: 0

OVERALL TOTALS FOR ALL RECURSIVE STATEMENTS call count cpu elapsed disk query current rows
------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ------

Parse 0 0.00 0.00 0 0 0 0
Execute 0 0.00 0.00 0 0 0 0
Fetch 0 0.00 0.00 0 0 0 0
------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ------

total 0 0.00 0.00 0 0 0 0

Misses in library cache during parse: 0

    1 user SQL statements in session.
    0 internal SQL statements in session.     1 SQL statements in session.

Trace file: ORA04192.TRC
Trace file compatibility: 8.00.04
Sort options: default
       0  session in tracefile.
       1  user  SQL statements in trace file.
       0  internal SQL statements in trace file.
       1  SQL statements in trace file.
       1  unique SQL statements in trace file.
     243  lines in trace file.