cannot create DB

From: Géry <ducateg_at_info.bt.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 17:43:19 +0100

After fresh install of Oracle 8.i, I want to create a DB. I am on Win 2k, so, I use the "database configuration assistant". But the database does not get created because I get a series of errors that start with ORA-12560 TNS protocol adapter error. It seems that the application tries to log on to svgmgrl in order to run a database creation script but (I believe) the error means that it cannot logon...

Many thanks in advance. Received on Mon Apr 08 2002 - 11:43:19 CDT