Re: Is spatial interpolation supported ?

From: Christof Kaiser <Kaiser_at_logiball.de>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 13:52:02 +0200

Hi,

nope, it is not supported.
Spatial interpolation as a classical GIS (geographical Informatioon System) thing.
Hence, try vendors like MapInfo or Esri (ArcView). Both have interpolation included.

If you want to do it on your own, look out for IDW (inverse distance weigthing) or KRIGING, odr Splines.
Interpolation is a science of its own. For nice coloured pictures, IDW usually works. However, this does not guarantee that you got the theory right, menas that it is allowed to interpolate.

I would be interested in how you are proceeding with the interpolation.

Cheers
Christof