Re: How to move a file in PL/SQL ?

From: Kenneth C Stahl <ktsahl_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 10:30:35 GMT

Yann CAUCHARD wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to move a file from a directory to an other, using PL/SQL (8.1.6,
> NT4).
> It seemes it's not not possible with UTL_FILE.
> Is there an other way ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Yann

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but one method of doing this is to use DBMS_PIPE to put whatever you need on the pipe and then have a listener that takes action based on what is passed in the pipe. This can be as simple or as complex as you need it to be.

Typically the listener would be a PRO-C program that just loops through an embedded PL/SQL block that reads from the pipe and acts as an agent to perform whatever tasks are needed. But, if you don't mind overhead (and lots of it!), you could even implement it as a VBScript or JScript program. Received on Mon Apr 08 2002 - 05:30:35 CDT