Re: Getting a sub-clob

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_oracle.com>
Date: 6 Apr 2002 08:41:10 -0800

In article <3CAE3DCE.D72030EF_at_exesolutions.com>, damorgan says...

>4000 for VARCHARs in a table. 32K in the variable.
>
>Daniel Morgan

not really (being technical here) --- 4000 in SQL, 32k in PLSQL (its not a table vs a variable -- its a language vs a language)

Here, we are dealing with SQL so the limit is in fact 4000 regardless. A SQL query will not return a 4001 byte varchar2.