Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager to manage different instances with different versions on different machines

From: K De Weerd <kdew1508_at_freebel.be>
Date: 5 Apr 2002 03:17:26 -0800

"Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message news:<3cad5826$0$233$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net>...

> Well that was the reason for my asking (though I must confess I'd missed the
> 7.3 references) I'm thinking and learning about the OEM 2.2 management
> infrastructure for our organisation, and as another of my posts suggests am
> unsure about mixing and ,matching versions. However the enterprise manager
> documentation states:
>
> Upgrading the Intelligent Agent
> Each release of the Intelligent Agent improves Agent performance,
> functionality, and reliability. We therefore recommend upgrading your
> Intelligent Agent to the latest version available for your platform. As an
> integral part of your Enterprise Manager environment, certain steps must be
> followed to make sure the transition to a newer Agent does not affect your
> Enterprise Manager jobs and/or events.
>

> Naturally you might need to install in a new home. I also can't find any
> trace of an intelligent agent for OpenVMS (as the OP wanted). It appears to
> only be available for NT and Unix.

I have found references on (older) webpages about agents under VMS. eg. http://www.fors.com/orasupp/vms/45300_1.HTM

Therefor I am pretty confident they exist or at least have existed for some versions of Oracle Server.

I can't seem to find the information I need on oracle.com itself though. Received on Fri Apr 05 2002 - 05:17:26 CST