Nested joins and ODBC

From: Silvio Bierman <sbierman_at_idfix.nl>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:07:18 +0200

Hello,

I am porting a SQLServer app to Oracle 8 (using Oracle ODBC-driver) and I have stumbled onto a problem.

I need to join three tables together using the join syntax:

select * from a left outer join b on a.x=b.y left outer join c on b.i=c.j

When I join only two tables I can use

select * from {oj a left outer join b on a.x=b.y}

but this does not work when joining more than two tables.

Can this be done?

Because the app needs to run on SQLServer also I can not use the Oracle outer join syntax!

Regards,

Silvio Bierman Received on Fri Apr 05 2002 - 05:07:18 CST