Re: Storing objects in a RDBMS?

From: Pablo Sanchez <pablo_at_dev.null>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 16:06:57 -0700

Actually, I wrote: ".... what the poster intended." :)

> And I absolutely agree. But a posting to an RDBMS forum, whether
Oracle or
> Sybase or both leads me to think of storing objects inside the
database
> ... not C++ concepts of encapsulation, inheritance, and
polymorphism.

Mebbe it's because I happen to be working on an application that is heavily into OO and the OO has creeped into the RDBMS. All the issues with pounding a round peg into a square whole exist too.

> What the poster indended ... is implicit in where the poster chooses
> post.

I believe this is "you like strawberry and I like vanilla"

--
Pablo Sanchez, High-Performance Database Engineering
mailto:pablo_at_hpdbe.com