Re: Storing objects in a RDBMS?

From: Larry Coon <larry_at_assist.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 10:50:59 -0800

damorgan wrote:

> http://www.extension.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/oad/oad_ins.asp
>
> Click on the above link ... and if you think I still need to ... let me know.

Hey, I can do URL's too!

http://www.intrepidsoftware.com/fallacy/subject.htm

> Were this a C++ or Java forum I would agree with you. But this is an Oracle
> forum ... and questions are answered in the context of the forum.

"This is?" You may not have noticed that this thread is cross-posted.

But keeping it in the Oracle domain, I wonder if we go to oracle.com and search their site for references to "object," how many hits will come back using the term in the OO sense rather than the LOB sense....

Larry Coon
University of California
larry_at_assist.org
and lmcoon_at_home.com Received on Thu Apr 04 2002 - 12:50:59 CST