Re: Protecting tables and views?

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_alltel.com>
Date: 4 Apr 2002 07:52:13 -0800

GII <gii_at_videotron.ca> wrote in message news:<3CABA53A.2060502_at_videotron.ca>...
> Hi,
>
> Are there any other strategies or ways to protect data or tables in
> ORACLE besides the SQL GRANT statement? I would like to protect some
> tables and views in my ORACLE account but cannot use the GRANT statement
> because I don't have enough privileges, so I need another ways using
> SQL. Thanks a bunch...
>
> Gabriel

Talk to your DBA.

 If they are good they must have some reason for not giving you this privilege for your own tables. (I presume these are tables created in your account.) They will either give you the Privilege or do it for you.

Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is security by obscurity (rename the tables and views regularly).

  Ed

--
Edward J. Prochak   --- Magic Interface, Ltd.
Ofc: 440-498-3700