Re: ORACLE8 VS ACCESS2000

From: Kenneth C Stahl <PtahSeti_at_Priest.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 12:17:42 GMT

Farkas Róbert wrote:

> I have an oracle 8.03 under netware4.2 SB.
> I want to use access 2000 project as frontend.
> My questions:
> 1. Which version of odbc driver I have to use?
> 2. Where and which settings I have to do (odbc, net8...)
>
> Thank you for help
> Farkas Robert

Just get the most recent version of the MDAC from the Microsoft site. After that it depends on whether you want to do DSN style ODBC, DSNless ODBC or OLEDB. If you are going to write VBA code to do the work then you should definitely choose the OLEDB route. Received on Thu Apr 04 2002 - 06:17:42 CST