Problem with disconnecting from Oracle with embedded SQL

From: Sargon <sargon_at_active.ch>
Date: 3 Apr 2002 23:35:23 -0800

Hi

We're developing an application under Solaris 2.8 using Sun Workshop 6 update 2 and Oracle 8.1.6. To interface with the DB we're using embedded SQL.

We noticed the following problem:

When disconnecting with "EXEC SQL AT :h_connectionName ROLLBACK WORK RELEASE;" the oracle process on the server side remains until the client application terminates. The same happens when the client runs on a Win2000 box. (compiled with VisualC++ 5)

We would have expected that the Oracle server process would terminate right after the disconnect from the client process is executed. Did we miss something? :) [And if so, what?]

Thanks :)

Daniel Received on Thu Apr 04 2002 - 01:35:23 CST