Invoking PL/SQL (directly) via Corba?

From: Christof Kaiser <Kaiser_at_logiball.de>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 14:22:59 +0200

Hi,

I am checking out the Corba stuff that comes with 9i. Ok, it should work with Java, thats for sure.
But can I implement the functionality in PL/SQL and address taht code directly via Corba?
(Just want do the Server side in PL/SQL rather than in Java for some
things).

I mean, with java it is

client- java - corba - orb -corba - java - database - server

and I am thinking about

client- java - corba - orb -corba - PLSQL - database - server

Does PL/SQL plug into Corba? if so, how, and how well does it work?

The problem might be that PL/SQL is not too object orientated. But if I just want to call some stored procedures, I dont want an extra Java thing on the server side which I have to maintain.
( that would be

client- java - corba - orb -corba - JAVA - PLSQL - database - server )

Cheers
Christof Received on Wed Apr 03 2002 - 06:22:59 CST