Re: Sample PL/SQL code?

From: R Chin <rchin_at_panix.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 16:30:37 -0500

I used to think the way you do now. But if you're starting in PL/SQL IMHO it's NOT a correct approach.

I couldn't find much practical stuff either.

Sure they are both procedural...but the concept behind are different.

VB is (pretty much) a desktop RAD environment, that's why its so popular....You can get immediate feedback etc..You can learn a lot by just reading code and apply to your situation by copying existing stuff. You know what I mean.

Not so PL/SQL, it has a lot more data structures, it's (a little) Siamese twin to the monster and the data.
People write it to do some specific things for their purposes.

One thing I can think of is RevealNet's PLVision library, it's like a set of PL/SQL utilities
and it's not free.
RC