Database Research Study-Convert or Federate

From: LKH <alexlkh_at_tm.net.my>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 23:49:46 +0800

Hi all,

I am doing study research on convert or federate database. Which would be the best or better 'method'? I will also invertigate the costs, advantages and disadvantages of both options.

The senario is such:
2 companies are to be merged. But both companies have databases dealing with similar data to support the same business functions.Data is similar but all table, field and format is different. Therefore the company can either convert one or both databases to a common format or can interface to both of them through a gateway.

I am this is not confusing.
If you of any documents, urls, white papers, technical papers that concerns with the above please forward them to me. Thanks a lot. Please also advice on the above. Your opinions are very valuable to me.

Again thank you very much for your time.

KH Received on Mon Apr 01 2002 - 09:49:46 CST