Re: How can I create a new database ?

From: Theo Klein <theoklein77_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 15:00:13 +0200

I can't believe that there is no way to create a database in Oracle 9i without the configuration assisstent only with the "create database" command.

Now I tried this:
Logged in as SYS/***:
grant create tablespace to scott;

Then I logged in as scott:
create database test;

But I get the error:
ORA-01031: Not enough rights

Which rights have I to give scott that he can create databases ?
(I can't do this as SYS/***:
grant create database to scott;
Because I get this error:
ORA-00990:Missing or invalid right)

Pleas help me!

Theo Klein Received on Mon Apr 01 2002 - 07:00:13 CST