Re: harddisk size? for Oracle9i

From: Kenneth C Stahl <PtahSeti_at_Priest.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 11:28:21 GMT

"Alex H." wrote:

> I have Windows2000 SP2 (Slipstream) and want to install Oracle9iDB on my
> machine....
>
> How much harddisk do I need in total?
> 3GB?
> 6GB?
> 8GB?
> :-)

These days it is ludicrous to have a system drive less than 20G. However, when installing Oracle I always recommend that it be installed on a secondary drive. My basic thought is that the operating system and things related to the operating system should be on the C drive and everything else should be on some other drive. The second drive should be at least 20G as well, but could be much larger if you have a lot of applications.

Although I prefer to put Oracle on a second drive that doesn't mean that I won't stripe control files and possibly data files to the C drive. Received on Mon Apr 01 2002 - 05:28:21 CST